Affordable Tele Vue VIP-2010 Paracorr Type-2 for Visual/Imaging Use
- Fully multi-coated 4-element coma corrector by Tele Vue
- Eliminates or minimizes coma in fast telescope optical systems for sharper viewing or imaging
- For use in telescopes as fast as f/3
- Can be used as a visual or astrophotography accessory
- Tunable to optimize performance with any eyepiece and telescope combination
Developed in 2010, this model can make an f/3 mirror act like an f/12 without a Paracorr. Essentially diffraction-limited across the field, it makes the new breed of f/3-f/4 “ladder-less” Dobs possible and superior in terms of convenience, field-of-view and optical perfection when using top quality mirrors. The Paracorr Type 2 allows separating the optical assembly from the Tunable Top and using it with Tele Vue imaging system components to permit use with SLR and CCD cameras. APS size formats 27mm diameter are recommended to minimize field vignetting. Ideal for mirrors as fast as f/3.